In response to the Father’s eternal love, the Son’s accomplishment of our redemption, and the Spirit’s sovereign application of this great work to our own lives, each of us at Harvestwood strives:
- To give ourselves daily to our God, so that whether we eat, or drink, live or die, we wish to do all for the God who loved us and saved us, Who has become our portion now and for eternity.
- To give ourselves to each other as fellow-heirs, born from above into the family of God made alive in Christ, sealed by the Spirit. We agree to meet together faithfully in order to stir each other to love Christ, and follow Him in careful obedience. We agree to bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ, laboring together under God’s help in order to bring each other to the full measure of the stature of Christ.
- To give ourselves as light and salt in this dark world, striving to live in such a way that those who are strangers to God may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in heaven. We look to God for our sufficiency, to be faithful ambassadors of His gospel, to be a distinct aroma of the Knowledge of His Son in every place, and to be humble and reverent witnesses to the hope that dwells within us.
Each of us at Harvestwood therefore agrees and promises in solemn covenant with God and His church to the following:
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?